First Terran Empire Calendar
The Imperial year is 365 days long. It is divided into 12 months of 3 tendays each, plus five intercalary days.
Years are dated from the founding of the Empire, where AD 2153 = TE 0.
Year Day (intercalary)
Armstrong Day (intercalary)
Empire Day (intercalary)
Traditionally, Imperials worked 7 days out of 10. Sunday and Terraday, known as "weak end" days, were general days off; everyone had one additional day off during the tenday. This middle day off varied; some organizations closed on a specific day (often Friday), while others gave different people different days off.
(identical for every month)
- Year Day (Intercalary preceding January 1)
- Walpurgis (Intercalary following March 30)
- Armstrong Day (Intercalary following June 30) [originally July 20]
- Empire Day (Intercalary following September 30) [commemorates signing of Articles of Empire on 24 Nov 2153]
- Yulestice (Intercalary following December 30) [originally December 21]
The five major Imperial holidays are intercalary; that is, they are not assigned to any month or day.
The year end cycle looks like this:
- December 30 (Terraday) is followed by
- Yulestice (intercalary) is followed by
- Year Day (intercalary) is followed by
- January 1 (Sunday)