For everyone who's shared their concern about my health, thank you. I'm feeling much better now.
Diabetes is a capricious condition. Usually I manage to keep the blood sugar spirits appeased, but this time around I lost the insulin lottery.
(For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, last weekend I had a severe low-blood-sugar crisis at Chessiecon. For the first time in my life, I had to leave a panel in the middle due to health.)
I apologize to everyone who might have wanted to see me and didn't. For the record, I'll be at Farpoint in February at the same hotel; please come see me there.
I owe enormous thanks to:
- Jo Hogan
- Carl Cipra, Morgan Stallard, and everyone else who backstopped me on panels
- My fellow panelists who covered for me
- Danielle Ackley-Mcphail who gave me oatmeal cookies
- The nameless fan who donated the pink medicine
- All the others who cared and were concerned
...And, of course, mypoor suffering husband Thomas G. Atkinson.
Thank you all.